Monday, August 16, 2010

So much to do, so little time....

I wandered into my workroom last night and realised that I had so many projects either on the go, in the planning stages or in the I really not sure what I'm going to do with this stage.  It was all getting too much and I wasn't doing anything at all so I decided that I needed a To Do list and here it is:

Cherry Blossoms - the blossoms are bursting on the trees outside my building and they got my creative juices flowing - not exactly what I'm going to do but I have ideas for 2 pieces - both using this beautiful blue silk I've had in my stash for some time.  One piece will be representational with stitching and little handmade silk blossoms (if I can work out how to make them) and the other will involve printing a photo of the blossoms onto fabric and stitching onto the silk background with some words and buttons as well.  Both will be framed pieces - just need to find some interesting frames and I can get started.


l'ucello - I bought some beautiful vintage goodies from l'ucello in the Nicholas Building (if you haven't been - GO!!! - it's divine) and I want to do something romantic with them - patchworky with flowers, dyed doilies perhaps, trims and I'm not sure what else.  This will probably be another framed piece so the frame will dictate the size.



Netbook Bag - I've just bought myself the cutest little netbook (it's the latest Vivienne Tam edition from HP) and want to make a sassy case for it - I'm thinking something with a purse/handbag frame and have it either as a clutch or add a handle and make it into a handbag rather than a boring pouch but am not sure if the fabric will stay in the frame with the weight of the netbook in it.


Handbag & Purse - bought handbag & coin purse frames at the recent Quilt & Craft Fair - and fabric - but then I decided I wasn't really sure about the fabric so I've bought some more off ebay and now I'm good to go.  Started the purse this past weekend but haven't got any fabric glue and I've since found better instructions on the internet which gives a cleaner finish so need to do some rejigging once I've got some glue


Brooches - make some more brooches - check out my etsy & made it stores for more...


stay tuned ... there's plenty more to come - this list going to be loooooong

No comments:

Post a Comment