Sunday, May 16, 2010

Finally, I'm blogging again




Well, I've finally made it back to the blogosphere after a long time away. I've been knitting up a storm since I moved to Melbourne in January and wanted to share some of my creations - I've fallen in love with hats - don't ya just love circular needles and the wonderful yarns that are out there.

First up is a lacy beret knit in a gorgeous Royal Blue mohair - I bought this yarn at an opp shop for about a buck and it's divine although a bit of a pain to knit and especially to pull back when I realise I've made a mistake in the lace pattern but I got there in the end. The beret is finished with a perky little I-cord at the top - tres chic!



Next up is a cheeky little merino/silk number - the pattern is apparently based on lotus blossoms and it has a lovely rhythm to it. The yarn, which I bought from etsy.com, is very pretty with shades of greens, lavenders and turquoise/aqua. It was really nice to knit with and the beret is so cute.

I'll be back again soon with more great berets.

No comments:

Post a Comment